Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change or cancel my CenturyLink service?
- Why isnít my prior payment shown here?
- What makes a good question and answer?
- Can I get internet service without a phone line?
- How long will it take before my account is credited for online payments?
- Why should I create a security question and answer?
- Where does CenturyLink offer phone service?
- If I pay with a credit card, will I be charged a fee?
- What do I do if I have more than one phone number with Qwest?
- What discounts are available for low-income customers?
Browse our FAQ database by clicking on any of the questions below. To narrow your search select products and services from the drop-down menus and/or type in a word or phrase.
Going on vacation?
You can temporarily suspend your CenturyLink service by contacting customer service at 1 800.244.1111.
To cancel your CenturyLink service, contact customer service:
Residential Customers: 1 877-348-9004, 8 a.m.Ė6 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
Business Customers: 1 800-603-6000, 8 a.m.Ė6 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
There is no charge to disconnect your phone service. You will only be billed for charges prior to the date of disconnection.
If you were required to make a deposit when establishing your CenturyLink service, your deposit will be refunded with interest after 12 months, providing your phone bills are paid on time. If you discontinue service during this time, the deposit and interest will be applied to your final bill. Interest rates are set periodically by the Public Utility Commission.